Thursday, September 26, 2013

Project Update, Nephilim Interview and More!

Spirit Blade Productions : Christian Sci-fi and Fantasy  
Spirit Blade Productions Newsletter, September 2013
In case of problems viewing content(pictures/video/audio) you may also see this page at our Newsletter Website. If you are a new subscriber, please visit our Welcome Page!

 
AWOS Progess And Future Special Features



Once again I find myself posting an update on "Spirit Blade: A World of Shadows" (our audio drama currently in production) after much more time than I had intended. But in part, that's because work is going well!

As of today I have 5 out of 7 songs at around 80% completion or more. The final 20% usually takes the form of adding transitional effects to smooth over going from one beat to another (from a verse to a chorus for example) or adding punch or dynamics to certain points of the song. This process also involves determining volume levels for each track and balancing out the EQ.

For many of the the songs, the final 20% will be completed later in the production cycle. This means that I'm on track to finish up all of the songs (to 80%) and start mixing scenes before Christmas. That being the case, my current (yet unreliable) estimate for release of the project is early in 2015, about a year and a half from now.

In the meantime, I hope to whet your appetite with some behind the scenes features about the production of "Spirit Blade: A World Of Shadows". During the recording process I took lots of video of both Randy Hesson (Vincent Craft) and Michael Tully (Raan Galvaanik). You can expect to see some of those pop up on our Youtube channel in the coming months. I also recorded audio interviews with each of the primary cast members that you can expect to hear about soon as well.

In the meantime, Spirit Blade Insiders have been treated to detailed progress reports and early versions of the songs of SB: AWOS as I work on them. For more information on how to become an Insider, visit our Donation Page.
 

Claudius Falcore/Nephilim Interview!
 
I'm launching the first in a series of special features about the production of "Spirit Blade: A World Of Shadows" with my first ever interview with the voice of Claudius Falcore and The Nephilim, Jesse Tessier!

Jesse recently returned to reprise his roles for the upcoming conclusion of the Spirit Blade Trilogy. In this interview, Jesse talks about his performance background and how unique working on The Spirit Blade Trilogy was by comparison. We also find out what he has in common with Homer Simpson!

You can download and listen to the entire interview right now on our Media Page!

Enjoy!   

Upcoming Podcast Stuff
 

Just a heads up that I'm anticipating some possible inconsistencies in my schedule throughout the month of October. Right now it doesn't appear as though the podcast schedule will be interrupted, although that is still a possibility. More likely is the chance that one or more "In Search Of Truth" segments will be missing from the podcast in October.

The reason for this is that my younger sister and her family are visiting home for most of October. Her husband is serving as a missionary in Rwanda and the next time we see them after October will probably be over a year and a half from now. So if opportunity arises to drop work in favor of time with my family, I'm gonna have to grab it. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

As I said, however, the interruptions to the podcast will probably be minimal. Having said that, if you'd like to submit an "In Search Of Truth" segment or something else to fit in its place I'd be very interested to hear from you!

On the more positive side, I'm very excited for the coming months of The Spirit Blade Underground Podcast! The summer and fall are big seasons for table top game conventions and product releases. So table top gaming will get some more focus on the podcast over the next few months.

We've already started that trend with a two part interview with The Game Store Prophets last week, which will wrap up this week. Following that I'll be interviewing The Geek Preacher, whose ministry revolves heavily around table top gaming.

Although I haven't talked about them much, I've been playing a number of board games in recent months. And in two weeks I'll be attending a local game convention, where I hope to try some new games. All of these experiences I plan to share with you. So in the coming months you can hopefully look forward to my reviews and thoughts regarding:

D&D Next, Wizards Of The Coast's long in development re-imagining of the Dungeons and Dragons RPG. I will be part of a demo/playtest session and am more than a little curious about how this new take on the game is shaping up!

Pathfinder: The Adventure Card Game, a distillation of the fantasy RPG experience, streamlined into a card game format. Several games have tried to do this with varying degrees of success. How close is Pathfinder to hitting the target?

Merchant Of Venus, the 2-games in one box release from Fantasy Flight Games, with my focus being on the classic version included. Can a sci-fi space game be any fun when there is no combat and the object of the game is simply to buy, sell and make the most money?

Agricola, the game about farming. Boring as dirt, right? Or is there something surprisingly fun here for the fan of medieval fantasy?

Plus, my "Quest For The Ultimate Dungeon Crawl". I've tried Descent, Descent 2.0, Thunderstone, HeroQuest(more recently with some new variants), a board game variant of Classic D&D, as well as the "Castle Ravenloft" series of Dungeons and Dragons board games and finally, Pathfinder: The Adventure Card Game. Some of these have excited me for months or years but eventually lost my interest, others have fallen flat on their faces. Is there even one among them that will finally be the rich, long-lasting dungeon-crawl experience I've been seeking for the last two years? Or does my quest for the ultimate dungeon crawl sadly continue?

All this and more as table top games begin to get an increased focus this fall on the Spirit Blade Underground podcast!


As always, there's a TON more to explore at spiritblade.net!

-Paeter Frandsen

Spirit Blade Productions : Christian Sci-fi and Fantasy  
Want more frequent updates and content? Visit or subscribe to Our Official Blog and Paeter's Brain! 
And for even more content and community, check out our Podcast and Forums! 
 We will only use your e-mail address to send you news and updates about Spirit Blade Productions.

No comments:

Post a Comment