Thursday, July 21, 2011

Two New Videos And A Price Drop!

Spirit Blade Productions : Christian Sci-fi and Fantasy
Spirit Blade Productions Newsletter, July 21, 2011
In case of problems viewing content(pictures/video/audio) you may also see this page at our Newsletter Website. If you are a new subscriber, please visit our Welcome Page!


Spirit Blade 3 Scripting Progress!

Scripting for Spirit Blade 3 has been going very well! Outlining is done and I'm well into writing scene 12!

I'd roughly estimate that I'm about 1/4th of the way through the first draft of Spirit Blade 3. Haven't figured out the subtitle yet, which I'm hoping the script will reveal as I work on it.

Although currently the script looks like it will run too long, I'm just writing unrestrained at this point and I'll figure out later what I need to whittle down. (Keep an eye out after the release for an "extended version" of the script to be made available for fans to read "what might have been"!)

One of the first scenes is a very "explosive" one that launches right after the opening credits, featuring Vincent Craft. The following scene introduces a new plot thread I'm referring to as "Falcore's Legacy", which complicates things a little for the Sheida and has major significance by the end of the story.

I'm trying to spend some more time on character relationships than I have previously. Some of the best storytelling is only made possible when you believe that characters really care for each other. But developing that in a script takes time and a finesse that I'm not sure I've developed yet as a writer.

The action will be more epic than ever in Spirit Blade 3, but special effects are only dramatic if the story has the drama to support them. There's a sense in which I feel confident now about the technical production side of things. But I know I have a lot to learn as a writer. I'm hoping to learn some of those lessons right now so I can give this story the strongest ending possible.

At this rate I feel like I'm "on track" to be finished with the first draft in September or October(hopefully sooner!), at which point I'll turn my attention to working on the songs as well as writing the second draft of "Pilgrim's Progress, Episode 2".




Two New Videos!

This month there are TWO videos that Spirit Blade Productions fans will not want to miss! The first is my recording session with Michael E. Bryce, embedded below. (If you don't see it, you can play the video on the newsletter page.)

The voice of Spirit Blade's "Isaiah" returns to play a hardened but helpful dwarf in Pilgrim's Progress! But what will happen as vocal fatigue sets in? PLUS, backwards musical titles in the script and my answer to the most common question I get from actors while recording.








The second video features Randy Hesson, the voice of "Vincent Craft" in Spirit Blade and "Vanger" in Pilgrim's Progress!

Randy just became the Arizona spokesperson for ABC Nissan and this video is the first commercial he filmed for them! Congrats, Randy! Probably good that you aren't using your "Vincent voice" to sell cars. ("Buy a Nissan, or I'll kill you!")

Unfortunately, the video is only watchable on Facebook. Fortunately, you can see it easily by visiting our Facebook Page!





Archive Price Drop!

Our big summer sale might be over, but you can still save money on the Spirit Blade Productions Archive Discs!

I've just dropped the regular price for each of them to $4.99! This isn't a sale, but a permanent price drop!

The Archive Discs are loaded with hours and hours of audio content, along with tons of documents and behind the scenes goodies! Special Features junkies rejoice!

For more info you can check out the Archives Page!


As always, there's a TON more to explore at spiritblade.net! Join us there as we geek out and seek the truth!

-Paeter Frandsen


Spirit Blade Productions : Christian Sci-fi and Fantasy


Want more frequent updates and content? Visit or subscribe to Our Official Blog and Paeter's Brain!
And for even more content and community, check out our Podcast and Forums!

We will only use your e-mail address to send you news and updates about Spirit Blade Productions.

No comments:

Post a Comment