Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Reflections On The Summer

Spirit Blade Productions : Christian Sci-fi and Fantasy  
Spirit Blade Productions Newsletter, August 2014
In case of problems viewing content(pictures/video/audio) you may also see this page at our Newsletter Website. If you are a new subscriber, please visit our Welcome Page!

 
AWOS Progress Report

Recently I finished work on Scene 9 for Spirit Blade: A World Of Shadows, putting me over 1/4th of the way complete in mixing the entire project. (Well, much more than that if you factor in the work on the songs I've completed so far.) That may not sound like much, but to me it's halfway to halfway!

Scene 10 is a short but fairly heavy scene between Saolos and Merikk. Sean Anthony Roberts, who provides the voice for Saolos in both "Dark Ritual" and "A World Of Shadows", brought his A game to this scene, which makes it a great pleasure to work on, but also a real challenge to edit.

Sean is such a fantastic performer that he usually requires very little direction. He also tends to give me multiple, fantastic versions that are different yet equally appropriate to the moment in the script. As I sat editing scene 10 I thought, "I want people to hear ALL of these takes!"

In the end I choose, as best I can, and then resolve to let the other takes be heard sometime later in a behind the scenes feature.

I've begun praying that Yahweh will allow me to have peace and contentment regarding my pace and productivity, resting in his sovereign control over events and ultimate wisdom regarding what should happen when.

Your prayers in that regard would be greatly valued!

-Paeter Frandsen


Reflecting On The Summer













For a guy who tries to do much of his work at home throughout the day, the thought of summer was  something I dreaded. "Prepare to watch your productivity plummet, Paeter. Just assume that you won't make much progress on AWOS ("Spirit Blade: A World Of Shadows") until August."

What I wasn't prepared for was the social dynamic between my boys, and how it actually helped me to get MORE mixing time into my schedule than I had during the school year with only our youngest at home most days.

Our youngest boy is the extrovert of the family. This means that unless he is interacting with someone, he's not happy for long. Which makes being alone with him all day very challenging if I hope to get any work done.

By contrast, our older boy is more like me. Highly imaginative and content to play by himself much of the time. When I only have him to worry about, keeping up with my work day isn't too difficult.

With our oldest home from school, the little guy had someone else he can suck the life from *Ahem!* I mean- PLAY with. And when our oldest prefers to play alone, The Destroyer (as we often call our youngest) is often content with his new favorite hobby... playing in water!

So the water bill from our sprinkler was on the rise, but so was my productivity on AWOS.

-Paeter Frandsen




As always, there's a TON more to explore at spiritblade.net!

-Paeter Frandsen

Spirit Blade Productions : Christian Sci-fi and Fantasy  
Want more frequent updates and content? Visit or subscribe to Our Official Blog and Paeter's Brain! 
And for even more content and community, check out our Podcast and Forums! 
 We will only use your e-mail address to send you news and updates about Spirit Blade Productions.

No comments:

Post a Comment